If you run into problems, or if you wish to reinstall and fully reset Bootstrap Studio, there are a few steps that you need to take:
- Close Bootstrap Studio.
- Find the configuration directory:
- For Windows: C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\bstudio
- For macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/bstudio
- For Linux: ~/.config/bstudio
- Rename it from bstudio to bstudio_backup
- Start Bootstrap Studio again and enter your license key. Go here if you can't remember it.
- (Optional) If you wish to preserve your custom components, stop Bootstrap Studio, and copy bstudio_backup/userPackages to the bstudio folder. This will transfer your components to the new instance.
At this point, you will have a brand new copy of Bootstrap Studio. In most cases this is enough to reset the app to a fresh state. But things like Windows updates can sometimes lead to breakage of the program files themselves, so if things still don't work correctly after the above steps, you will need to also uninstall the app from Add/Remove programs, and install it again.