# Publishing Your Website Online
Bootstrap Studio Sites (opens new window) is our powerful hosting platform for publishing sites online. It is super fast, gives you HTTPS, password protection, the ability to host custom domains, and best of all, it's free for all users of the app!
Publishing your design is very easy - just create and configure a new site, and hit the Publish button in the app. In this article we will guide you through the process.
Bootstrap Studio Sites is not the only way to upload your sites online. You can simply export your design as a static website and upload it to a standard web hosting account via FTP. However our platform is much more convenient and we invite you to give it a try.
# Creating a Website
The first step is to create a free website on our platform. You do this from the
Cloud > Manage Websites menu in Bootstrap Studio. This will open the Manage Websites dialog.
We don't have any websites configured, so we press the Add Website button. This opens up the Create Website dialog.
You have two types of domain names to choose from:
- A xxx.bss.design subdomain. This is straightforward and is the option we are going with for this tutorial.
- A custom domain name. This way you can point your own
example.comdomain name to our hosting service. This is a bit more involved, and we've covered it in our custom domain tutorial.
As you can see in the image above, you have a few other options to choose from:
- Subdomain. The xxx.bss.design subdomain you wish your site to show under.
- Auto deletion. This is an optional setting that you can enable. With it you can set a site to be deleted automatically, if for example you wish to create a temporary site to show off your design to a client, but you don't want it to stick around for long. You can set this to never.
- Passkey protection. If you wish to limit your website so that it can only be viewed after a passkey is entered. Learn more about this option in our password protection tutorial. You can change the key or enable/disable the option later, by editing your site.
To create your site, just hit the Create button and it will show up in your list of sites. You can edit and delete the site from a menu that is triggered by clicking the 3 dots on the right. Deleting the site will free up a slot for a new one.
# Publishing a Website
If you've followed the above steps, you now have a fully working website that you can publish to. Publishing itself is straightforward. Just open the design you wish to publish online, and hit the Publish button on the top-right.
If this is the first time you publish your design, the app will prompt you to choose a website you wish to publish to.
Just select the site you wish to publish to and hit the Publish button. The app uses an efficient data transfer protocol and uploads only the changes you've made since your last publish. This makes the process lightning fast.
And just like that, your site is online and hosted on our powerful hosting platform. There is no need to manually upload files via FTP ever again. And the best part? Bootstrap Studio Sites comes for free with your Bootstrap Studio purchase!