# Setting Up SASS in Bootstrap Studio 4
The setup detailed in this article is required only for Bootstrap Studio versions 4.5.8 and older. Newer version of the app have the SASS compiler built in.
To start the setup process you will first need to download a helper utility that works together with the app to compile your SASS code. It is called bstudio-sass and supports Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Download bstudio-sass for your operating system. (Windows (opens new window), Linux (opens new window), macOS (opens new window))
- Extract it somewhere on your computer. Keep the two files in the same folder.
- Open the File > Design Settings dialog and switch to the SASS tab.
- Enter the full path to the extracted bstudio-sass executable. Make sure that the path includes the bstudio-sass file. As a test, if you paste the full path in your terminal and hit Enter it should be executed.
- Hit the Save button to close the dialog.
Now that the SASS compiler is installed, you can work with SASS files directly in Bootstrap Studio. You can read more in our SASS Editing guide.