Version 5.0.0 is out!

Forums Announcements Version 5.0.0 is out!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Valued

Just wanted to say thanks so very much for this update. You’ve packed a lot of things in there that we’ve asked for and it’s truly appreciated!

Printninja

@Jo

In your opinion, is 5.0.2 ready for prime time? I can’t afford to be dealing with bugs this week. I’m crunching to finish jobs for two different clients.

Jo
    Valued

@Printninja I was under the impression you had already done it when you reported the issue with the fonts, but I see now that you meant that you weren’t sure if the update caused it on the older version. Sorry bout that.

There’s a handful of things yet, but so far I haven’t seen anything that would stop production or hinder it all that much and most of the major ones were already fixed, so … it’s your call really, but I used it and it worked ok even before they fixed that handful of issues.

Kriss

I come by here from time to time to check for updates, and this is a big one. Guess i gotta get back to work now..

Antonio-PC

But is only 64BIT!#!##

rvergin

this was helpful but…. it only has windows 64 bit is there a 32 bit version?

Martin Angelov
    Bootstrap Studio Developer

Unfortunately we don’t build 32bit releases of the software any more. The last 32 version is 4.5.8 which is available on the download page under the Old Releases section. You can keep using this release and it will continue to work.

Larsene

Hi Martin,
    Thanks for your update !

I’ve a little suggestion : why don’t you add on your site / forum a tool like “bountysource” for new features, really wanted by users ?

1- users that really want a special feature will pay a little amount of money to encourage the developpement. The most wanted features will be easely visible.

2- this can be a complement revenue source for developpers team, as BSS have a lifetime licence, after initial purchase, there is no more income from the client for future developpement and release. As we want an active support for BSS, regular income is important !

For example, i’m okay to give some amount of money for these features : dual screen support, remembering the size and position of the editor panel (even after closing BSS and réopening it – simple, but so boring to have to reclick to open it each time), ability to reactivate the onclick actions on item, fast popover design (like tooltip one, for example), adding a real bootstrap select item, not the html one (as the user component creation can’t create entries in the options menu)

jojorov

This is great. Option to edit in an external is something I have been looking forward to. Would love to have some more features added for the Audio Component.

ozweb

It is a bit disappointing to know that 32-bit versions will no longer be available from 5.0 onwards. So those of us on Lifetime membership on 32-bit platforms will be stuck on 4.X version. So how are we “entitled” to lifetime upgrades etc. when you won’t make available a 32-bit version of the product?

Jo
    Valued

You upgrade your computer (or get into the new age of them with a new one). You can’t expect a software company to keep providing variations of their software for an operating system that has pretty much been starting to be phased out. Put yourself in my shoes. I’m on a Mac, if I upgrade to the next operating system, “NO” 32 bit software works on it, so I have no choice on “all” my software when I do that. That’s the way of the world of software, we either have to keep up, or get on another wagon. I prefer to keep up most of the time, but in this case I want to be sure I won’t lose anything detrimental first. 🙂

ozweb

It is not that Win 10 is not some unsupported and outdated version of the OS. When 32-bit Win 10 is fully supported, I don’t think it is unreasonable that a large number of people will use it and continue to use it for some time yet. If you decide to stick with some proprietary h/w and OS, that is your choice. My point is that 1) I don’t see any announcement that BS 5.X will only work on 64-bit platforms. Even now it does not explicitly state that on the website. It is good practice to be fully transparent and state clearly what OS versions/platforms are supported 2) For people who were on 4.X, it is basically a dead end unless we upgrade h/w and/or OS to be able to benefit from future versions of BS. I don’t recall seeing any announcement or statement abut the drop in support for 32-bit platforms.

Jo
    Valued

That’s a very good point and you are right they should have been transparent on that fact. I would suggest you get in a conversation with them directly to discuss it though since no one on the forums can really help you with it. Good luck on it though, hopefully you can find a resolution to the issue quickly.

marrco
    Valued

I never heard about a 32-bit windows 10 (or Windows 7) but I trust it could exist. IIRC max 2GB ram is fully supported and addressed on32 bit, so I don’t think a pro dev has a computer like that. And with no drivers for modern scanners, printers, graph tablets and so on. I think NVIDIA stopped a few years ago supporting 32bit OS, like most graph card producers.

So please, let’s not handicap 99.9% of PROs to support a 0.0x market share.

a PRO needs dual monitor support, so please, please let’s invest developer’s time and efforts into adding that, not into supporting an old 2GB ram computer unable to use 64-bit software.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.