Suggested Improvement to the image navigation window

@Martin @Jo When you go to place an image and open the "Choose an Image" window, the program goes through ALL the images that have been uploaded, and generates thumbnails of EVERY IMAGE before you can select an image. This can take a LONG time if your site has hundreds of images in many subfolders.

In the design tab, under images, you can create subfolders to organize your images, but this folder hierarchy is ignored in the "Choose an Image window." The program simply generates thumbnails of ALL the images, and displays them in alphabetical order, and ignores the fact that some are in subfolders.

I propose that the "Choose an Image" window only generates thumbs of the images in the root folder, and creates folder thumbnails to represent the subfolders. So it doesn't generate thumbs of any images in subfolders until those folders are actual opened. This will allow you to open the "Choose an Image" window much more quickly, and also make it easier to navigate when looking for an image (in the event you forgot what you named it and can't use the search feature.

Agreed. Although I do have to admit that I think that image selection window is overkill. I never use it. I make my directories and use the pop-up images on mouse over of the image to find what I want. Also, I almost always already know which one I want so, when I get to it I find the right click then copy image path more easily productive. I will also admit that fixing what you're asking for will most likely help many, but I will still use my method as it will still be faster for me.

Thanks for the suggestion! I agree that the window browser is due for an overhaul. The folder idea is interesting, it could solve a lot of problems. When searching it will still have to show everything though, there is no logical way to display folders there. Maybe we can make an additional optimization so that thumbnails are generated lazily, only for the images that are currently visible. We'll need to test how well it works in practice.