Spammers on the Online Components area

Am wondering if we can please get some way to remove online components (or hide them or something), or have them screened before being added to combat those that are starting to spam it with useless things just so they can spam their web addresses? Right now there are 2 of them back to back that are just a 12 column row with clearfix which anyone can do in 2 seconds on their own, and it's posted by www.adrury.com so we know that's a spammer trying to post their website address. I hate to think that thing can be filled up with useless garbage just for spamming URL's. Thanks!

I have often wondered about pre-screening / pre-approval / pre-filtering the components also.

Both for quality standards for BSS users, as well as general need, usefulness and repetitiveness.

Right now there are 2 of them back to back that are just a 12 column row with clearfix which anyone can do in 2 seconds on their own

Hmmm... 150+ downloads between the two.

Which is rather odd given as you stated above, about indeed how easy it is. Perhaps attributed to laziness? ;-)

PS: If that's the case (spam), you just helped further by posting their address here. ;-) They need BSS though, that site is built with tables, eek!

LOL too funny BSS, it sure is "EEK!" lol. I didn't even look at it before now because I knew it was a spammer. See the thing is the only thing you have to do to make what they did is add a ro lol. Then add Clearfix to it. The column is made automatically so there's no way someone would "need" or even should need that item at all and they posted it 2 times in different ways so as to be able to post 2 of them. It's most definitely spam without any doubt, and yes we do need some way to combat this so that we as users don't have to scroll through 100's of items all the time to get past the spam or to decipher if it's spam or not. If this one is in there, that means more are going to follow :/

I deleted the two components. We should think of a way to moderate these, or maybe to have a "Report" button in one of the next releases.

Thanks Martin, I like the idea of a report button, whatever makes it easier for you or whoever would be responsible for removing them.