PHP

Forums Ideas PHP

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Baudwalker 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Will Bootstrap Studio ever support PHP?

Chris Hackwood
    Valued

I highly doubt as devs have said you can do this with custom code component but they won’t fully sport it as got more important things to focus on

So that means after I export I’ll have to replace the html extension with php and test it?
    such a hastle.

Chris Hackwood
    Valued

Yeah it is a hassle, but I guess something that could happen in time.

I too am wanting it supported for WordPress theme development, but having to work around it for now is fine.

yayannpaul

I think this is a must have. PHP is so popular now!

Martin Angelov
    Bootstrap Studio Developer

PHP support is a complex feature that is best left for IDEs. But we came up with an interesting idea in another thread. We can create an option in the upcoming Export dialog, which will enable you to rename all your pages when they are exported. Do you think this will make your work easier?

Chris Hackwood
    Valued

So custom code with the option to then change extension during export.

I think that would work ?

simonl

Sounds good in principle, let’s give it a try 🙂

simonl

Will the export dialog be able to set the extension per file? Will it remember these for subsequent exports?

Martin Angelov
    Bootstrap Studio Developer

Yes, extensions will be set by file and the setting will be saved.

fcantarutti

I have a js function for contact forms. I have some hidden inputs as params like success, incomplete and error message, from and to …etc. So everything is in html or js. But I have the PHP file where the email is send. It would be nice to add the php file (not edit) in a folder so it export all together instead of adding it after export everytime. Just place it in the project.

BTW: Awesome work with the publish tool!

klwillis

Another potential solution is to disregard the file extension – .html, .htm, .php – it shouldn’t matter.

It’s really up to developers configuring their web server, not BTS, to support parsing of PHP pages.

Hatrix

@hackers_84 take a look at ‘elementor’ plugin for WordPress

Chris Hackwood
    Valued

Thanks Hatrix I’ll take a look

Custom component is a suitable thing for some PHP code, but I think it would be good, if we can place the custom code anywhere inside the HTML without the DIV tag. So, we could create dynamic pages, looping HTML elements with PHP.
    This modification would be simple for the developers and effective for us to use server side codes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.