Feedbacks!

Hello,

<h3>BSS Feedback</h3>

I've recently (about a week ago) bought Bootstrap Studio.<br /> In the past I've tried many WYSIWYG HTML apps, like Adobe Muse or more recently Blocs.<br /> They each either are too limiting, or they produce really bad code for maintenance and such.<br /> I'm not a web developer at all but I do develop Python, Swift, and Javascript/Processing projects.

To be frank I'm lazy but demanding when it comes to web dev...<br /> And here comes Bootstrap Studio!<br /> What I love is how much you can do inside the app, completely visually, while maintaining the code... Great great job.<br /> The feature that I love the most would be the component System.<br /> I think it's the core of your future (I don't understand the lack of promo for such a great product) success but also the part where I have a few enhancement ideas (so obvious that I guess there is a reason for them not to exist).

<hr />

<h2>Ideas</h2>

Components<br /> Again I really think you did an amazing job on that feature.

• Sharing components : A way to export and share BSS's components. I think we could really quickly grow the default library this way. So maybe have a dedicated part of your website to share those (with coding or style guidelines to keep the whole consistent).

• User folder the ability to make subfolders in the User component folder.

• Super Components A way to make your own components, with your own atttributes accessible in the Options view (that is the thing I would use the most!!!!). A bit like houdini HDA's

<hr />

Overview

• Rename Element Where the name as no other use then in the app. I guess this is due to technical reasons somehow but this could really help. Keeping for instance the tag somewhere like:

Original: HTML Body Div<br /> To: myPage(HTML) Body little(Div)

• Ordering and Parenting limits It seams that some elements cannot be child of some others.<br /> For many it seams logical but for instance Div cannot be placed everywhere (I can be more precise if necessary I just don't remember) where you sometimes need them.<br /> If you put an Image in a link and you add a Span you cannot reorder it. The same occurs in other parts. again I can be more precise if those are unknown (really unlikely but who knows).

<hr />

HTML & Style Panels

• Edit HTML and CSS "as text" I love everything about it except the ability to edit "as text" without the interactive selector. For instance if I need to copy a chunk of CSS it's a pain.<br /> For the HTML part I guess the same applies. Except that for efficiency, If one decides to enter in edit HTML mode the preview is disable during the edit.<br /> A way to toogle off Bootstrap defaults in the CSS view. Or only custom ones.

• Pages That would be I think the aspect that I like the most about BSS: The file management. Fortunately I'm mainly using BSS to access content I've already uploaded somewhere. But the fact of not being able to add any kind of filetypes in the Pages view is really annoying. HTML5 Videos, Archive files at least would be great.

<hr />

Those are not complaints but I think feedback is crucial and I hope that I can contribute to make BSS better.

Cheers

ps: Sorry if some sentence are strange, English isn't my primary language and I, sometimes, struggle.

Hello,

<h3>BSS Feedback</h3>

I've recently (about a week ago) bought Bootstrap Studio.<br /> In the past I've tried many WYSIWYG HTML apps, like Adobe Muse or more recently Blocs.<br /> They each either are too limiting, or they produce really bad code for maintenance and such.<br /> I'm not a web developer at all but I do develop Python, Swift, and Javascript/Processing projects.

To be frank I'm lazy but demanding when it comes to web dev...<br /> And here comes Bootstrap Studio!<br /> What I love is how much you can do inside the app, completely visually, while maintaining the code... Great great job.<br /> The feature that I love the most would be the component System.<br /> I think it's the core of your future (I don't understand the lack of promo for such a great product) success but also the part where I have a few enhancement ideas (so obvious that I guess there is a reason for them not to exist).

<hr />

<h2>Ideas</h2>

Components<br /> Again I really think you did an amazing job on that feature.

• Sharing components : A way to export and share BSS's components. I think we could really quickly grow the default library this way. So maybe have a dedicated part of your website to share those (with coding or style guidelines to keep the whole consistent).

• User folder the ability to make subfolders in the User component folder.

• Super Components A way to make your own components, with your own atttributes accessible in the Options view (that is the thing I would use the most!!!!). A bit like houdini HDA's

<hr />

Overview

• Rename Element Where the name as no other use then in the app. I guess this is due to technical reasons somehow but this could really help. Keeping for instance the tag somewhere like:

Original: HTML Body Div<br /> To: myPage(HTML) Body little(Div)

• Ordering and Parenting limits It seams that some elements cannot be child of some others.<br /> For many it seams logical but for instance Div cannot be placed everywhere (I can be more precise if necessary I just don't remember) where you sometimes need them.<br /> If you put an Image in a link and you add a Span you cannot reorder it. The same occurs in other parts. again I can be more precise if those are unknown (really unlikely but who knows).

<hr />

HTML & Style Panels

• Edit HTML and CSS "as text" I love everything about it except the ability to edit "as text" without the interactive selector. For instance if I need to copy a chunk of CSS it's a pain.<br /> For the HTML part I guess the same applies. Except that for efficiency, If one decides to enter in edit HTML mode the preview is disable during the edit.<br /> A way to toogle off Bootstrap defaults in the CSS view. Or only custom ones.

• Pages That would be I think the aspect that I like the most about BSS: The file management. Fortunately I'm mainly using BSS to access content I've already uploaded somewhere. But the fact of not being able to add any kind of filetypes in the Pages view is really annoying. HTML5 Videos, Archive files at least would be great.

<hr />

Those are not complaints but I think feedback is crucial and I hope that I can contribute to make BSS better.

Cheers

ps: Sorry if some sentence are strange, English isn't my primary language and I, sometimes, struggle.

Apparently the editor supports markdown but not the board?

adding to that list,

we should be able to rename our custom codes. because you just end up with a bunch of custom codes and you have to go through them individually to find which one you're looking for. If you know what I mean.

copy & replace CSS. and this happens a lot. if i'm done designing a few pages only to realize that I forgot a tab or a drop-down menu item. I have to manually put that back in on every page as there is no replace/ update changes option.