Extreme Lag

Hi,

Today while working on a medium sized project, I noticed I was getting a huge ammount of lag in BSS, every time I change a property (for instance the width of a column) I would lag awfully and have to wait ~4 seconds before changing the next. Normally I get fine performance but today it was bad. I was using js which I don't normally have a huge amount of. I think this could be the case.

My specs: Ryzen 5 1500x 8GB DDR4 2400mhz Ram RX 470 4GB

The only thing that possibly could have caused this is me turning visualization on in my motherboard BIOS but still, I hope to see some optimizations made soon in BSS. Otherwise this software is wonderful.

Thanks, Tom

Did you have the preview browser open? If so that's your issue as it updates after every edit and it is definitely not the most quick and efficient updater. You can easily minimize this browser window or open another browser tab and have that one focused. That will stop the updating until you switch to that preview window again in the browser. Hope that helps. :)

Hello,

I have the same problem, but I think it's more because BSS is taking almost 4Gb of RAM. Maybe the UNDO/REDO feature having an infinite history ? (Closing/Reopening BSS solve the problem)

What version are you using? I was having issues with BSS a few versions back with getting strange anomalies, visual and code wise after the program was open for a while, but I haven't had these issues now for the past couple updates or so. I'm hoping that whatever was wrong has been addressed, so far so good. BSS isn't taking up much Ram for me at all on a Mac with High Sierra, but it was before for a while (issue was really only for a few builds).

Yes i get that also! I have to restart the program then its okay again!

I'm on the latest version (when I click 'Check for Update' a pop-up notification tells me 'No Update Available'). But I'm having this problem again Bootstrap Studio RAM Usage Screenshot

Restarting it solve the problem, but this is a little bit annoying.

EDIT :

After a restart :

Boostrap Studio Normal RAM Usage Screenshot

I would contact support on this Alex.. Sounds like you may have an issue with the app or a conflict or something. They would most likely be able to help you better than on the forum. Please do come back and tell us what the fix was though if you would so others can benefit from it. Good Luck!

Here is the response from the support :

Hello,

Sorry that you've run into issues! Bootstrap Studio is built using Electron, which is known to be wasteful with resources at times. We will be optimizing the app in the next releases. For now, the only surefire way to work around this is to restart the app from time to time.

I'm glad they're working on it

Here is the response from the support :

Hello, Sorry that you’ve run into issues! Bootstrap Studio is built using Electron, which is known to be wasteful with resources at times. We will be optimizing the app in the next releases. For now, the only surefire way to work around this is to restart the app from time to time.

If Electron is known to be wasteful, then unless its addressed in Electron itself won’t the potential for issues still remain ?

I only just heard about Electron recently and it's surprising how much software uses it.

I'm happy to report that this issue has been fixed. It will be part of a 4.1.7 release early tomorrow.

This is great news, can't wait for the update :)

Does that mean Electron is no longer wasteful. ;-) ;-P

We just released 4.1.7 with the fixes. Once you upgrade to it, be sure to post if these issues are resolved.

@BSS_User - Still wasteful, but hopefully it's much better now :)

Hello,

Thx for the fix ! I'm on BBS for now 4-5 hours and I'm at 722Mb of RAM. Seems a little high, but this is really better than the previous version, which could take 4-5Gb right now with 4-5 hours of use haha. Waiting for a fix from the Electron team now ;D

Really good job Martin !