Export and the possibly to choose which files

I wanted to submit and idea, and this is the possiblity to choose what you export as everytime you export you override the other files. I have had to work with other people and it has happened a couple of times that I broke the layout.

What would be nice is: To select if you want to export all, or select just the JS or Images or HMTL or CSS or maybe even a select one page or JS or image file and leave the others as they are. maybe just a checkbox that allows to leave what you want unchanged and select want you want to override.

Thank you

Or maybe be smart and "NOT" export to the production directory when you're working with a shared setup? That would solve your entire issue. Export to a separate directory and copy the files from there to where you want them for production. It's only one extra step really and takes care of all those issues with "sharing" which this app really isn't built well for at all.

Having said that as your major work around, I do agree we should be able to choose the files we want to export. Many times I only edit one page and no css/js/etc. and only need that page exported, but ... Exporting doesn't really take all that long and if you do backups of your export directory prior to any major changes (or prior to any session) that helps a lot as well. AT least until we hopefully get the ability to do what we want with the app's exports.

For me this function is about the ability to be faster and not have to go 25 times a day what you suggested. I have been since exporting in a different folder, but when you are working on 8 project and do that 25 or 30 times a day you find it tiresome. I just try to have a function that improves productivity.

I currently do it for 27 production projects and I have no problem with it. I don't know why you would need to upload that many times a day, but that's your issue, I don't ever upload that many times a day. In fact, I don't usually upload until most of the changes I'm working on are completed. Since I can see everything in previews, there's no need for me to upload it that many times to "check" it. If you get that many changes a day, maybe you need to work on how to handle them better rather than uploading every single change separately? I don't know, it depends on why you're needing to do that many uploads I guess.

I do agree it would be awesome to have the ability to ftp right from the app, but ... I don't know that I would use it because I like to test it first outside the app and I keep backups of my previous ones always so I don't want the chance that I will upload something and overwrite the old accidentally (forget to back it up).

Keep in mind, this is not like your typical text editor like Dreamweaver or others similar. With those you can edit whatever and upload it and if you don't like it, it's very easy to just undo what you did and reupload that specific page or file directly. That would be a bit difficult to handle in a program that has a proprietary file setup like BSS does.

I do agree it would be awesome to have the ability to ftp right from the app, but … I don’t know that I would use it because I like to test it first outside the app and I keep backups of my previous ones always so I don’t want the chance that I will upload something and overwrite the old accidentally (forget to back it up).

maybe having 2 options (Export, Export AND run a script) could do the job

so you can write a script for uploading (mine is based on rclone, multiplatform and supports many backends) but if you like you still can just export to a local directory.

I'd like something like this as well but on export, to only export changed files. I use expression web for ftp and it has the option to only upload changed files by checking the timestamp for each file. The current export in bootstrap studio put the same timestamp on all files so the only option is to upload everything or try to remember what files you've changed and upload them seperately.