BSS and Visual studio

Hi, I am struggling with frontend development in Visual Studio and wondering if BSS would help in learning HTML,CSS, JS / Bootstrap, and is it possible to design pages in BSS and to use them afterwards in VS? I am also wondering if external components like JQ-widgets are usable in BSS? I cannot find anything on this in the online documentation. regards Rob

1.) I am struggling with frontend development in Visual Studio and wondering if BSS would help in learning HTML,CSS, JS / Bootstrap

It will, but you will need some HTML / CSS knowledge to leverage layout and styling along with some JS. There are visual helpers, and you can drag components to the page to get things started. There is a visual CSS GUI for basic styling. Bootstrap studio forces you to write proper syntax etc., so that will help also. So it may help you scaffold your page visually and either continue in BSS or in an editor of choice.

2.) is it possible to design pages in BSS and to use them afterwards in VS?

Sure, once exported you can take the source files into VS Code or any editor. But there is currently not a direct import back into BBS concerning the entire project as a whole as BSS works from its own .bsddesign file type and not the native source. So keep that in mind if you wanted to do back and forth edits.

3.) I am also wondering if external components like JQ-widgets are usable in BSS?

Yes, but you will need to preview them to see them work as JS is disabled in app.

Thank you BSS_User! I do have some basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, and so on. It looks that BSS is what I need. I think I give it a try and purchase BSS. regards Rob

You're welcome, let us know what you think and how it works out for you, once you get into it.